background

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Birthday Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

31 Weeks

How far along? 31 weeks

Weight gain: Somewhere around 15 pounds so far...not bad

Belly measurement: 


Stretch marks? Obviously

Sleep? It depends on how many times my husband has to turn the light on between 4:45 AM and 5:30 AM to get dressed for work.  It's between 5 and 10 on average.  Also, if he falls asleep on the couch I will wake up when he gets into bed around 1:30 AM.  So add all that up and you have a crappy night's sleep... and yes, I will blame Mike.

Also, Violet is a wiggle worm.  She enjoys kickboxing my bladder and taking strolls around my uterus any time I'm sitting or laying down.  I thought Ezra was active, holy moly, are we in for it with this one.  She's going to come out crawling at this rate.  She will actually wake me up from moving around.  See video: (the best clips are around 20 seconds and at the end, and this NOTHING compared to what I've felt.)



Best moment this week? Putting on my bridesmaid dress for a wedding in 3 weeks and being sad that I went up 2 sizes.  I'm going to have to have it taken in about 2 inches.  Makes me feel good.

Also, finally choosing and buying (with a coupon of course) Violet's bedding.  Even though we won't actually be using it until she's at least 3 or 4 months old, I was having some unnecessary anxiety and picked something out.  I know that's totally out of character for me ::insert sarcasm::

I LOVE it though which is surprising since I'm very much anti-butterfly (I mean, they really are just bugs). We had to go with purple with a name like Violet.  Added bonus, it matches the paint in the nursery so we don't have to paint! (by we, clearly I mean Mike).


It's called Beautiful Butterfly by NoJo.  I will need to pick up another valance, a changing pad cover and at least one extra sheet.

Food cravings:  I could probably have a McDonald's vanilla milkshake twice a day right now.  My cravings are mostly for sweet things lately (Halloween candy doesn't help). 

Weirdest symptom: Random bouts of crying.  My trigger is much more easily accessed right now and I find that when I'm in the car by myself mulling over whatever stress I have going on, I cry.  I haven't had too many public bouts of crying, but I just can't seem to keep a lid on the tears lately.  I guess it's all those female hormones I have coursing through my veins.


Funny Pregnancy Moment: I had an increase in ::ahem:: discharge and I was afraid that my water broke or something was seriously wrong with me.  Well apparently something is seriously wrong, I'm peeing a little all day.  Seriously.

How do you not know that? Stick a kickboxing baby in your belly, that's how.

I also had to endure hearing "no, your water definitely didn't break and you're most likely pissing yourself like an elderly woman"  while my legs were still in the stirrups.  (maybe not in quite those words) I'm sure you feel bad for me but please laugh at my expense!!

Labor signs: I've been having some "contractions" which are most likely braxton hicks or fake ones.  My doctor has told me that I'm "doing too much" and that's what is triggering the painful ones.  She told me to sit down.  I asked her to tell my 11 month old son to sit down too and then maybe that would happen.  It hasn't worked yet.

Belly button in or out? In.  I don't think it's going anywhere.  Sometimes when Vi wiggles, it will stick out a little bit on one side.

Movement? Yes.  Constantly.  People have even commented that they could see her move through my clothes.

What I miss? I miss being able to go up the stairs without needing oxygen.  One flight is killer and because I have a combo mommy/pregnancy brain I forget ev.er.y.thing upstairs in the morning and have to make like 12 trips up and down.  I have actually used the elevator at school and the school is only 2 stories high.

What I'm looking forward to: Ezra's birthday! I know that has nothing to do with Violet, but I'm excited to celebrate for him and to see him eat cake!

Weekly wisdom: Doctor's, wait until your patient is out of the stirrups to tell her embarrassing news.
Milestones: 3rd trimester!

Another DIY belly shot:

Maybe I should've put make up on first...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think ;)