Now that Ezra is on the move I've learned a few new Mommy Lessons over the last few weeks. I feel like I need to document my stupidity, hence this post.
1. Don't let your 9 month old play with your one and only hair brush while you are getting ready for work. You will be wearing your hair in a pony tail for a week because it will have disappeared to that mysterious place where all missing things go. And you will forget to buy a new brush repeatedly when you go to the store.
Maybe my brush is off canoodling with my missing sunglasses?
Say a prayer for a good hair day for me...
2. Don't feed your baby while you're cooking dinner because by the time you sit down to try and eat a meal the baby will NOT want to sit in their high chair any longer, will promptly need a diaper change (how appetizing), and will most like squish and cut their toe when they pull down the TV speaker onto it.
You might as well cook dinner and put it in the fridge to be reheated when the baby is in bed. At least you wouldn't waste time setting the table.
3. Don't cook the baby chicken nuggets for lunch and then walk away from him to try and be productive. He will quickly learn how to feed the dogs and think it's hilarious.
And you will end up cooking a second lunch for the hungry baby.
4. Teaching the baby to close doors will come in handy when you leave the basement door or a cabinet open. Also, if your hands are full of laundry.
It will not come in handy when you are trying to use the mirror on the back of the closet door to dry your hair. You will be repeatedly hit by the door with increasing force until you or the baby starts crying.
Also, the baby will close doors behind you and then sit in front of the door so that you can't get back into your own bedroom or bathroom until they find something else to be occupied with. If you're lucky the room won't be carpeted and you can slide them with the door praying not to pinch any tiny toes or fingers.
Sometimes I could swear I'm on candid camera. But it is the best job (by far) that I've ever had!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone