background

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Birthday Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, August 19, 2010

I know it's not the end of the week, but I'm doing the poll anyway ;)

How far along? 31 weeks 5 days

Weight gain: Up 16, yes I gained 6 pounds in three weeks.  I almost fell off the examination table at the doctor's office when she told me.  I'm still doing well at only 16 pounds at this point, so I can't complain.

Belly measurement: About 41"

Stretch marks? Not that I can see.

Sleep? I can honestly say, I think my body is trying to get me ready for having to get up every 2 hours with a little baby, so I'm up every 2 hours peeing, or switching sides, or just twiddling my thumbs.  At least I have 2 more weeks before I go back to work!

Best moment this week? My shower!!!  It was so much fun.  I got to see so many special ladies and I just felt so loved.  Ezra has some very cute clothes, and just about everything a new baby can need.  We got all the big ticket items, small ticket items, and very few duplicates as well as some very thoughtful handmade gifts.   His nursery is filled!  Now I just have to figure out where I'm going to put it all...

I'm going to do a separate shower post once my mom shares her pictures with me.

Food cravings: Strawberry poptarts and grilled bagels, YUM!

Weirdest symptom: Not necessarily weirdest but definitely most uncomfortable - Gas.  Sleep farts and sneak farts.  Apparently, while taking a nap, I almost gassed my husband out of the living room unbeknownst to me.  Sorry hunny.  And sometimes, just from standing up, walking, moving, or any other activity, one sneaks out.  Fortunately, it hasn't occurred in any really embarrassing situations, but I think it's only a matter of time...

Funny Pregnancy Moment: I went to a Red Sox game with my family last night and the man sitting at the table behind us sucked the ketchup out of a ketchup packet.  Yes, he put an open ketchup packet in his mouth and proceeded to suck the ketchup out of it.  Twice.  I gagged.  I think my mom thought I was going to throw up on her. But, seriously dude, you're in public and you look like a moron.  I was surprised how little control I had over my own gag reflex.  Pregnancy is definitely weird.

Belly button in or out? In, but definitely outward bound!

Movement? Mostly at night, another reason why I'm awake.  I think my ribs bother him because he's always trying to push them out of the way.  Sometimes I feel like my entire belly is jumping up and down!  And I can feel hiccups pretty much daily now which is fun and exciting!

What I miss? Nothing

What I'm looking forward to: Maternity leave, lol.  I am not looking forward to going back to work in 2 weeks (well less than 2 weeks, but I'm trying to pysch myself out).  I just know it's going to be sooooo hard to go back to work, the bigger I'm getting.  I just keep telling myself "it's only 6 weeks, it's only 6 weeks."

Weekly wisdom: If you are waiting in a line to go to the bathroom, say at Fenway Park, and all you are going to do is change your shirt in one of the 4 stalls, please let the pregnant lady go in front of you.  And that goes for your friend, too.  Because I almost peed on the floor.

Milestones: "They" say he's between 3.5 and 4 pounds this week.  I have to say I've been neglecting my pregnancy books so that's all I've got... ;)


Just for comparison...

Today, 31 weeks 5 days


28 weeks

So I guess 6 pounds in 3 weeks is totally believable...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think ;)