background

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Birthday Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Just an update

Nothing exciting has really happened this week. M is still recovering from the accident and trying not to take so many pain pills, but he still can't sit still for very long. I think this might be one of those neverending things - less pills, more movement, more pain, up the pills again. Hopefully he doesn't over do it too much or try to go back to work too early. (Riiiiiiiiiggght)

With M being out of work, this means we are together all day - every day. This has been interesting. It was nice to be able to do car shopping during the day, but I think we're starting to get to the "I love you, please go away" stage. No major fights, just a lot of crabbiness (then add my out of whack hormones and you can end up with a mess, will comment more on this later).

We did finally get a new "whip" (Mom, whip=car, ride, etc.). An 03 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. I love it. I've never ever had a car with leather, a sun roof, heated seats, and all kinds of other gadgets that I don't know how to work yet and probably don't need. Although in value, it's kind of a lateral move from my Pontiac, it definitely has a lot more luxuries and is definitely going to work for toting groceries and moving kids.

M had to point out that it has a trailer hitch so I'll be able to tow Ezra's dirtbike to practice during the week. LOL Can you already feel the pressure, Little One??

Here's a picture:


I finally finished the crib skirt - with only two days of tears, swearing, and occasional complete emotional breakdowns. I really almost threw in the towel and found a crib set online - but then I remembered we already bought the paint for the room and I'm sure it would be impossible to find something that we both liked (HA!) AND matched the paint. So I sucked it up.

This is where we talk about my hormones. I feel like I'm on a roller coaster with a blindfold on. I have no clue when or where I'm going to start yelling, crying, or swearing. It's definitely funny... in retrospect. M might not agree with me.

The sewing project definitely strained my hormones, I think they might've pulled a muscle. I made a rookie error and measured wrong (M's a carpenter so this is even more ironic because he helped me measure, lol), and then I had to sew some of the seams like 3 times because the length/width/overall straightness was off.

Also, picture pregnant me and disabled M trying to put the crib back together and get the skirt on straight. Then add some yelling, some tears, and eventually someone else coming over to help M do it. I think M has mastered the "you are nuts" look but he's also able to just shut up and let the storm pass. Smart man.

Here's a picture of the skirt:

So for the weekly poll:

How far along? 28 weeks

Weight gain: Up 10

Belly measurement: 39 1/4 inches around, up 1/4 inch since last week. It feels like 6 inches

Stretch marks? Nope

Sleep? Frequency of peeing has definitely increased and my ability to get in and out of bed has definitely decreased so we have some Olympic activity about every 1.5 hours in our bedroom (and this is not the fun kind).

This usually involves me twisted up in the sheets and comforter trying to get my beloved Boyfriend (that's my Snoogle pillow in case you forgot) out of the way or back in place without dislocating any joints or further injuring my husband. To add insult to injury, it feels like I haven't peed in 4 days, but when I actually pee, I get it like 2.5 drops. Very anticlimactic.

Best moment this week? Finishing the crib skirt without seriously physically injuring myself or others (although a few feelings may have been hurt in the process, we'll recover)

Food cravings: Anything that doesn't make me want to vomit. 2 friends that I haven't seen since the first trimester have returned, Nausea and Indigestion. They weren't invited, they aren't very good house guests. I feel like a Pepto-Bismol commercial. So I don't think I'm craving anything, but I'm definitely staying far far away from spicy foods (in theory, see below).

Weirdest symptom: The other day when I got out of the shower, my belly button was a good inch to 2 inches to the right. M confirmed it, although, Ezra must've moved because it is now back to a more appealing central position.

Funny Pregnancy Moment: At the appointment, the doctor put the doppler on my belly to measure his heart rate and she kind of has to push into my belly to get it. Well, she pushed down and Ezra pushed back. It was hilarious. The entire doppler moved. All the doctor could say was "I guess he didn't like that!"

Belly button in or out? In, a little to the right

Movement? All the time, at least once an hour I feel something. Although, whenever my mother is around he is as still as can be. It's almost funny. She can't wait to see my belly move, but no matter what I've eaten - he's as quiet as a mouse. Hopefully she'll have the same effect on him on the outside.

What I miss? Nothing

What I'm looking forward to: Now finishing the crib bumper. I'm about halfway there, and hopefully it looks magical when it's done.

Weekly wisdom: Follow your gut. Sour Cream and Onion chips seemed like a bad idea... they were. Add to the list - garlic bread (I didn't know it was garlic until we read the bill at the end of the meal), Papa Gino's pizza, ranch dressing, Vegetable crisp crackers, and Cheez-IT party mix.

You think that it will be worth the upset stomach you know you'll have after... but it never is.

Also, take out stock in Tums.

Milestones: I'm now down to every 2 week visits for the next 2 months. I can't believe it's going by so fast!

Me and Ezra at 28 weeks:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think ;)