background

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Birthday Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, October 7, 2010

38 weeks, 5 days

How far along? 38 weeks 5 days

Weight gain: I've decided that all you need to know is that it is more than 30 pounds, which is totally normal. ;)

Belly measurement:  45 and 3/8"


Stretch marks? Yup.  Under my belly and breasts.

Sleep? It depends on what is going on in my life.  Some nights I sleep really well, others I don't.  I still enjoy an afternoon nap.

Best moment this week? No more work!!  Although this followed a bit of a health scare for me, it's still nice to not have that stress right now.  I wasn't feeling well on Monday and decided to go into the doctor and my blood pressure was a little high.  The doctor decided I should just take the rest of the week off to rest so that it wouldn't get worse, and thankfully at my appointment this week, it went back down.

Food cravings: nothing really

Weirdest symptom: The pelvic pain has switched to back pressure.  I still feel like my pelvic bones are separating but now I can feel pressure on my tailbone.

Funny Pregnancy Moment: I can't think of one from this week...

Labor signs: 1 cm dilated, still.  Although it's a "good 1 cm" meaning its not facing back and it's soft.  My belly seems to have dropped over the last few days, too, and I've been quite crampy.  Seems like mostly gas cramps though.

Belly button in or out? Sometimes, one side pokes out, but never the entire thing.  Belly buttons are definitely weird

Movement? I can definitely feel actual body parts now.  Like a foot sticking out, or a bum.  I feel a lot more movement lower, from his head and shoulders, than I had before, too.

What I miss? I don't miss anything this week ;)

What I'm looking forward to:  Getting to meet the little guy.  I can't wait to see who he looks like ;)

Weekly wisdom:  FYI - "OMG you're so big!!" isn't a compliment.  Especially if you're not close family or friend.  Yes, I'm aware that I am the size of a house, I know that I'm waddling.  A comment about how cute my belly is or how big the baby is getting is a little bit nicer.  I'm not overly sensitive about this, but it's difficult when someone you barely now yells about how big you are and expects a kind smile in return. 

Milestones: Almost done!  Down into single digits now


For comparison:

Me at 35 weeks:



Me at 38 weeks 5 days, definitely hanging a little lower!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why I thought of this today, but 10/10/10 would be a cool birthday! Hope you are holding up okay!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think ;)