background

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Birthday Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, September 25, 2009

And the saga continues...

Just got back from my follow-up appointment.  The dr. wasn't great.  She basically told me again that "it looks like you've had a miscarriage."  REALLY????? Is that what's been going on for over a week!!!!!!  Thank you for clearing that up.  I have to go for 2 more blood tests to make sure that my BETA is returning to zero so I don't need a D&C.  On Monday, my beta was a 225, which is down by more than half which is a good sign.

I asked her if, since its been a year that we've been trying, if we should start going for test or anything.  Her response, "But you've conceived.  So there's no problem, you are considered normal.  Hopefully it won't take another year for the second."  WHAT!!!  I was completely not expecting her to say that, nor did I have the realization that it might take another year to get pregnant, again.  It just brought me back down to depressed, stressed, and anxious.  Thank you for that.  I guess its reality and I need to move on, but I feel like I'm back at the bottom of the hill, or down in the ditch at the bottom of the hill.

Needless to say, I will be looking for another OBGYN for when I do get pregnant, and possibly in a few more months to see if they will run some tests.  We had already decided to wait until at least January to start searching for more options and getting testing done, but now it just seems hopeless.  Can I really go through another year of all this?

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that this continues to be drawn out for you, and that your OB seems so very insensitive.
    If it's already been a year, frankly, I'm move on from this OB if she refuses to do even the simplest of testing. Yes, you got pregnant, but you also miscarried. You shouldn't have to wait another year to find out about all of the basic things. (i.e. a SA, hormone levels, etc.) Just because you want some answers doesn't mean you want her to start handing out meds like candy.
    I hope and pray you get some peace, and the strength to move on. And when you start looking, I hope you find an MD with some tact and a proactive approach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry. Doctors can be so unhelpful sometimes. My doctor said that they won't do any testing or anything b/c "one loss is totally normal".

    Yea, try telling my heart that.

    Good luck in your doctor search. You need to find one that will fight for you and be your advocate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...that must have been really frustrating. Sounds like your doctor is seriously lacking in the bedside manner department!
    Hope you can find someone with a little more tact.
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think ;)